support for parents of autistic children
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
support for parents of autistic children

a forum where parents of autistic children can let off steam and support each other

You are not connected. Please login or register

What does studying mean to me?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1What does studying mean to me? Empty What does studying mean to me? Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:52 am

Admin

Admin
Admin

Hi everyone
I am studying DD131 with the ou and I am finding it helpful to be able to throw myself in to my study it is something I am doing for me as a carer I think it is so important to take time out for yourself. It helps to relieve my stress as I have to focus my attention on my work and it helps me to switch off from my problems.
sue

https://autism.board-directory.net

2What does studying mean to me? Empty Re: What does studying mean to me? Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:19 pm

Gwen

Gwen

Hi

Learning is what keeps me sane (or at least a semblance of it) and it gives me hope that I'll one day be able to support my family free from state benefits. I recently completed the OU's DD101 (Introduction to the Social Sciences) and have signed up to their DD201. I suffer from the 'learning bug', which I contracted at my local learning centre almost 15 years ago and have gradually worked my way up through part-time college courses that have fitted with my domestic and caring responsibilities. This culminated in an Access to Higher Education course after which I found the OU was my only realistic route to gaining a degree. Very Happy

3What does studying mean to me? Empty Re: What does studying mean to me? Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:38 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin

Hi Gwen
Its nice to meet you. You are the first person to post a message on my forum hopefully more people will follow shortly.
sue

https://autism.board-directory.net

4What does studying mean to me? Empty Re: What does studying mean to me? Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:13 pm

Linda Jones

Linda Jones

Gwen, you took the words out my mouth. Doing all this learning with the OU is what keeps me sane. I have been at the OU a few years now and quite honestly think I am going to be the eternal student(although I have future plans to work that depends on my children's needs as one might be at home all his life)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum